Map uses ESRI World Geocoding Services to locate an address
- Use the "+ \ -" in lower left corner of map to zoom in or out of map based on cursor location ( or use wheel on mouse ).
- Click and hold the left mouse button to drag map.
- To Conduct a parcel search, type text in search window located in the upper left of the map window. Click the red drop-down arrow to show possible search types:
- "ESRI World Geocoder" to search by physical address. Use the following format:
123 Anywhere Avenue, Martinsburg, WV
[Point will be added to map in APPROXIATE location of the address entered]
- "Parcel ID" to search by Parcel Identification Number.
(ie. District, Map and Parcel) Use the following format for search:
- AA = District Number;
- BBBB = Taxmap Number. Four (4) digits with leading spaces;
- CCCC = Parcel Number. Four (4) digits with leading ZEROS;
- DDDD = Sub Parcel Number. Four (4) digits with leading ZEROS;
- 0000 = ALWAYS Four (4) ZEROS at the end.
Falling Waters Tax District, Map 16, Parcel 8.3:
- District Number codes are:
- Arden - 01
- Falling Waters - 02
- Gerrardstown - 03
- Hedgesville - 04
- Hedgesville Town - 05
- Martinsburg - 06
- Mill Creek - 07
- Opequon - 08
- "Name1 Search" to search by the first name on the deed. (Note: If Name1 owns more than one (1)
parcel, this search will locate ONLY the first it finds)
Use the following format:
LAST NAME[space]FIRST NAME
- With cursor within the white lines of desired parcel, left click to display related parcel information (This will highlight selected parcel).
- Move cursor off of highlighted parcel to clear pop-up box.
- Click "Clear Graphics" button to clear map graphics (MUST "Clear Graphics" to select a highlighted parcel).
- Click "Print" button, then Click "Printout" link to print screen. Use browser "Print" to send image to printer.
- To use measurement tool:
- Click "Measurement" button;
- Select desired measuring type ie. Area, Distance; (This activates the measurement tool)
- Select desired measuring unit ie. Acres, Feet (US), etc....
- Move cursor to desired starting point. Hold Ctrl. key to snap to point if desired, cursor will change to a green crosshair when snapped to point;
- Left click on each measurement point;
- Upon reaching last measurement point, double click;
- Total unit of measurement will appear in "Measurement Result" of measurement tool.
- Click the measurement type to DEACTIVATE measurement tool, evidenced by the unit of measure no longer being visible.
Tool must be deactivated for the taxparcel select to work !!!